Saturday, June 4, 2011

Her Fifteen Minutes of Fame Should be Over About Now

I hope I am not the only one who feels this way. I have in fact already written comments to CNN, Huffington Post and a few others a number of times, and told them that without their “constant coverage,” Sarah Palin would not be as much of a "celebrity" as she is. If she sneezes, they cover it, and I contend there is nothing to cover.

She's a shallow, narcissistic woman who has cleverly given herself more than the allotted 15 minutes of fame due someone with nothing more to recommend her beyond the most superficial of qualities. I know of no other person with an alleged degree in journalism who could now even write her own books and yet received millions of dollars for the deals. I know of no other mayor of a town with only 5,000 citizens who had to hire a town manager to run the place. And I know of no other public personality (I would not even call her a politician since her office-holding days were so limited) who so consistently lies to the public.

In an age of deception of dubious practices, it was indeed quite a feat to win Politico’s Liar of the Year award. I do not argue that she is interesting to watch; it’s almost like being drawn to a collision or conflagration.

It is time to call a moratorium on Sarah Palin coverage. Let her bus quietly roar around the country with her beloved groupies running out to meet and greet her and the press covering real news. Something they’ve woefully neglected in recent years.

No comments: